You know those moments in life when you turn an embarrassing moment into a life lesson? Like making super embarrassing lemons into delicious lemonade? I do this regularly. Last year, I went to this super fancy hair salon in LA and they totally called me out on the horrible, awful, no good, very bad shampoo I was using. My first reaction was to hang my head of sub par hair in shame and walk out of the salon never to return.
But, then they introduced me to a new shampoo that literally changed my hair life. I have the kind of hair that totally pulls a Monica when there is even an ounce of moisture in the air. The new shampoo totally checks my outer Ms. Frizzle. (Shout out to the geeks that remember Magic School Bus).
The discovery of the magical (and stupidly expensive because that’s the way these things go) shampoo led me to think that there were probably loads of other things I could invest in that would pay major beauty dividends later. Like beauty stocks. Or something. (I don’t really understand stocks). The slightly annoying thing about beauty products is there are so dang many of them! It’s really hard to say, yes, this is the ONE. It’s like seeking the holy grail if the holy grail were to take the form of a really amazing BB cream. And the quest involves less rabid bunny rabbits and more waiting in line at Sephora.
So, in an attempt to bring us all one step closer to our own beauty grail, I’ve decided to regularly share some of the new beauty products I’ve discovered that I’m currently crushing on hard. Have you discovered any amazing beauty products that changed your beauty life? Share them in the comments!!
5 Beauty Products you should totally try, like, now:
- Oribe Shampoo and Conditioner: This is the magical shampoo I referred to and it is seriously worth every penny. It’s so good I wash my hair way less (also I’m kinda lazy but the shampoo definitely helps). The slot machine capital of America shockingly doesn’t care about luxury hair products so I’ve had to resort to buying it online either on their website or on Amazon.
- Too Faced: Better than Sex mascara: I know, the name is a little ridiculous. But seriously, you guys, this mascara is amaaaazzzzing. Think thick, luscious lashes, all the live long day. I think if I was limited to only 1 beauty product it might be this mascara, it’s that good. You can find it at Sephora or Ulta.
- Neutrogena Deep Moisture Night Cream: I totally didn’t get why people use different lotion at night until I tried this stuff. I woke up the next morning feeling like my face was replaced by a soft little peach. (Not really, that would be creepy! But so soft!) Good news, it’s totally affordable and you can find it at your local drug store. Score!
- Pacifica CC cream: I’ve never been a big fan of foundation. It might be that I’ve just never found the right one but it always left me feeling a little bit like I just put pancake batter on my face. So, I fell in love when BB creams became a serious thing because they are so much lighter. This Pacifica cream is awesome, goes on smooth and looks flawless. You can find it at Ulta and also Target.
- Tarte Eyebrow Mousse: There is a thin line between shading in your eyebrows beautifully or looking like this lady featured on an actual website called Ghetto Redhot. That being said, I am absolutely in favor of eyebrow enhancing. This mousse is great, comes with a brush (woot) and will last you approximately a million years. A worthy investment. Like everything in this post, you can find it at Ulta and Seophora.